Character A tilting Character B’s chin up to get a better look at their face and the evidence of the fight. A delicately thumbs away the streak of blood by B’s mouth, saying nothing as they examine it. After a brief pause, B’s heart skips a nervous beat as A looks them dead in the eyes. Their voice is quiet and tense, their anger barely restrained.
“Who did this to you?”
TLDR: Taal Volcano (located in the Philippines) is active right now and could have a massive eruption at any moment. ~560,000 people are in immediate danger and millions more could be affected by it.(this is barely being reported on by western news btw. why talk about natural disasters when we could talk about british royal family drama)
What’s happened as of January 14th:
- “The Philippine Institute of Volcanology and Seismology has since raised the alert for Taal to level 4 which means a ‘hazardous eruption’ is possible within days or hours.”
- On January 13th, Taal shot lava into the air for an hour and a half, reaching hights of half a mile, along with static lighting and giant clouds of ash
- Taal has had 50 volcanic earthquakes within a period of 8 hours
- Buildings close to Taal have collapsed under the weight of ash
- The “calamity zone” is everywhere within a 9 mile radius of the volcano. 560,000 people live in this zone and only 30,000 have evacuated.
- It’s in the middle of a huge lake (as you can see in the pictures), and an eruption could trigger a tsunami