新年快乐 (Happy New Year) from my family to yours.
Here’s a bit of our festivities and the result of that ridiculously long menu I posted earlier in the week.
The cake was phenomenal, ombré lychee cake with strawberry filling… 😋
A/N: So bits and pieces of this have been posted here and there for a while now and I FINALLY got around the editing the entire thing. It is LOOOONG and I love it so I hope you do too.
PS- I basically listened to Taylor’s album Lover on repeat while writing this. So if you want some background music, there you go. Songs I really love from the album for Bri and Eddie and this ABC: Cruel Summer, Lover, Paper Rings, Daylight, I Think He Knows, London Boy, and Afterglow
A – Anger (What was their first fight about? Any big or recurring arguments?)
Briar huffs as she presses her back into the passenger seat of Eddie’s car, her arms crossed. She knew she’d have to handle Henrietta’s eye rolls and snide remarks the moment she and Eddie started dating, but this was a new low. Briar had hung around the Edgewater’s home for over a decade now– Henrietta knew when her birthday was. She did this on purpose.
“You know you’re cute when you’re sulking too.” Eddie chips from the driver’s seat, that idiotic grin on his face. “It’s like a puppy’s angry at me.”
- angel - what’s one character trait you like about yourself?
- doll - what’s your favourite outfit?
- pumpkin - what’s your favourite weather and why?
- baby - what makes you feel better when you’re down?
- sugarpie - what’s your favourite sweet treat?
- kitten - are you a dog person or a cat person?
- princess - if you could live in any other time period, which would it be?
- peach - what’s your ideal aesthetic?
- darling - what romantic gesture makes you feel the most loved?
- button - do you have a type? what is it like?
- sweet pea - what’s your favourite flower?
- petal - what’s your favourite smell or perfume?
- sunshine - what’s the nicest compliment you’ve ever gotten?
- baby girl - how do you like to be held?
- lover - how do you show someone you like them?
- buttercup - what does/would your online dating bio say?
- boo - what’s your dream date?
- cupcake - if you’re treating yourself, what do you do?
- wild thing - what’s something about you that surprises people?
- bubba - tell me a funny story from your childhood.
- honey - what’s your favourite hot drink?
- love bug - what song would you love to have sung to you?
- cutie - what’s your favourite fairytale?
- dumpling - what’s your favourite movie right now?
- my love - what would your dream home be like?
- dear - pick whatever question you’d most like to answer!
Hey I don't usually send asks but I thought I would let you know that I've read every single one of your Ernest fics and some others and I love your writing. It's not just about being really good (though your writing is good), for me, I like your writing because it makes me happy. That's the important thing. I also drabble in fics here and there too and sometimes I take a bit of inspo from you. So if you're thinking about putting something out there, I strongly encourage you to!
Thank you. Like I have no words for all you amazing, supportive, and kind followers on here. The fact that little me inspires you is probably the biggest compliment I could ever get. Keep creating and writing.
PLEASE DON’T LET THIS FLOP AHHHH
1. What is you middle name?
2. How old are you?
3. When is your birthday?
4. What is your zodiac sign?
5. What is your favorite color?
6. What’s your lucky number?
7. Do you have any pets?
8. Where are you from?
9. How tall are you?
10. What shoe size are you?
11. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
12. What was your last dream about?
13. What talents do you have?
14. Are you psychic in any way?
15. Favorite song?
16. Favorite movie?
17. Who would be your ideal partner?
18. Do you want children?
19. Do you want a church wedding?
20. Are you religious?
21. Have you ever been to the hospital?
22. Have you ever got in trouble with the law?
23. Have you ever met any celebrities?
24. Baths or showers?
25. What color socks are you wearing?
26. Have you ever been famous?
27. Would you like to be a big celebrity?
28. What type of music do you like?
29. Have you ever been skinny dipping?
30. How many pillows do you sleep with?
31. What position do you usually sleep in?
32. How big is your house?
33. What do you typically have for breakfast?
34. Have you ever fired a gun?
35. Have you ever tried archery?
36. Favorite clean word?
37. Favorite swear word?
38. What’s the longest you’ve ever gone without sleep?
39. Do you have any scars?
40. Have you ever had a secret admirer?
41. Are you a good liar?
42. Are you a good judge of character?
43. Can you do any other accents other than your own?
44. Do you have a strong accent?
45. What is your favorite accent?
46. What is your personality type?
47. What is your most expensive piece of clothing?
48. Can you curl your tongue?
49. Are you an innie or an outie?
50. Left or right handed?
51. Are you scared of spiders?
52. Favorite food?
53. Favorite foreign food?
54. Are you a clean or messy person?
55. Most used phrased?
56. Most used word?
57. How long does it take for you to get ready?
58. Do you have much of an ego?
59. Do you suck or bite lollipops?
60. Do you talk to yourself?
61. Do you sing to yourself?
62. Are you a good singer?
63. Biggest Fear?
64. Are you a gossip?
65. Best dramatic movie you’ve seen?
66. Do you like long or short hair?
67. Can you name all 50 states of America?
68. Favorite school subject?
69. Extrovert or Introvert?
70. Have you ever been scuba diving?
71. What makes you nervous?
72. Are you scared of the dark?
73. Do you correct people when they make mistakes?
74. Are you ticklish?
75. Have you ever started a rumor?
76. Have you ever been in a position of authority?
77. Have you ever drank underage?
78. Have you ever done drugs?
79. Who was your first real crush?
80. How many piercings do you have?
81. Can you roll your Rs?“
82. How fast can you type?
83. How fast can you run?
84. What color is your hair?
85. What color is your eyes?
86. What are you allergic to?
87. Do you keep a journal?
88. What do your parents do?
89. Do you like your age?
90. What makes you angry?
91. Do you like your own name?
92. Have you already thought of baby names, and if so what are they?
93. Do you want a boy a girl for a child?
94. What are you strengths?
95. What are your weaknesses?
96. How did you get your name?
97. Were your ancestors royalty?
98. Do you have any scars?
99. Color of your bedspread?
100. Color of your room?
hi I hope it's okay to ask this. But I'm in a fairly dark place. I have no friends and very few job prospects. But I've always had problems with being told what to do. in other words I am better as my own boss. I adore writing. It's what makes me happy. Should I take the plunge and try and go full time as a writer? It truly is the only job that makes me happy. I'm not interested in corporate jobs or high end business. Just writing.
You know, so many of my days, you are me anon.
The office setting isn’t for me. In fact, I started out in computer science at my university. After a couple of internships– really cool shit with the Navy– I realized that it wasn’t for me, even though I excelled at it. I took time off, did jobs here and there, figured out what I wanted from life. That’s how I’ve landed where I am now, working in vocational rehab. I love what I do for the world. It is fulfilling in that aspect. But internally, my heart wants something else. To write. To create. And to share it. For a while, writing here scratched that itch, but the more I did, the more ideas I had. Then unique ideas of my own followed and I stuffed our Choices characters into them because my self-doubt and that disgusting voice inside of me got to me.
Because who would want to read my original work. It’s nothing special. I’m just me.
But you know what. I am me and that’s awesome and remarkable and special. And you’re you. That’s equally as incredible and fantastic and unique. It’s one of my resolutions this year to take more chances, to put myself out there, and try to achieve some of my dreams. So I guess this is me telling you all I’m taking the leap and creating something to put out there in that way.
And if it’s something that would truly make you happy, you should go for it too, anon.
WHAT'S THIS I HEAR ABOUT YOU HAVING A DIFFICULT DAY?! MA'AM THIS ISN'T ALLOWED!!! ANYONE WHO HURTS YOU WILL BE FACING TREASON, DROP THOSE NAME BOMBS!
I appreciate you and love you so much for coming to my ask box to check on me. It’s always a tough day for me when things like gun reform here in the US are being discussed. I went to a university and there was a shooting there, I just wasn’t on campus that particular day. I lost a friend. Yesterday, there was a pro gun rally in that very state. It’s something that I get reminded of from time to time and I just want to burrow into a pile of blankets, drink tea and eat lemon candies, and turn off for the day.
So it wasn’t anyone in particular, just ‘merica. At times like that, I try to focus on the beautiful resiliency of that community, the strength of everyone there when it happened. A part of my heart will always be there no matter where I live.
1. What’s their full name? Why was that chosen? Does it mean anything?
2. Do they have any titles? How did they get them?
3. Did they have a good childhood? What are fond memories they have of it? What’s a bad memory?
4. What is their relationship with their parents? What’s a good and bad memory with them? Did they know both parents?
5. Do they have any siblings? What’s their names? What is their relationship with them? Has their relationship changed since they were kids to adults?
6. What were they like at school? Did they enjoy it? Did they finish? What level of higher education did they reach? What subjects did they enjoy? Which did they hate?
7. Did they have lots of friends as a child? Did they keep any of their childhood friends into adulthood?
8. Did they have pets as a child? Do they have pets as an adult? Do they like animals?
9. Do animals like them? Do they get on well with animals?
10. Do they like children? Do children like them? Do they have or want any children? What would they be like as a parent? Or as a godparent/babysitter/ect?
11. Do they have any special diet requirements? Are they a vegetarian? Vegan? Have any allergies?
12. What is their favourite food?
13. What is their least favourite food?
14. Do they have any specific memories of food/a restaurant/meal?
15. Are they good at cooking? Do they enjoy it? What do others think of their cooking?
16. Do they collect anything? What do they do with it? Where do they keep it?
17. Do they like to take photos? What do they like to take photos of? Selfies? What do they do with their photos?
18. What’s their favourite genre of: books, music, tv shows, films, video games and anything else
19. What’s their least favourite genres?
20. Do they like musicals? Music in general? What do they do when they’re favourite song comes?
21. Do they have a temper? Are they patient? What are they like when they do lose their temper?
22. What are their favourite insults to use? What do they insult people for? Or do they prefer to bitch behind someone’s back?
23. Do they have a good memory? Short term or long term? Are they good with names? Or faces?
24. What is their sleeping pattern like? Do they snore? What do they like to sleep on? A soft or hard mattress?
25. What do they find funny? Do they have a good sense of humour? Are they funny themselves?
26. How do they act when they’re happy? Do they sing? Dance? Hum? Or do they hide their emotions?
27. What makes them sad? Do they cry regularly? Do they cry openly or hide it? What are they like they are sad?
28. What is their biggest fear? What in general scares them? How do they act when they’re scared?
29. What do they do when they find out someone else’s fear? Do they tease them? Or get very over protective?
30. Do they exercise? Regularly? Or only when forced? What do they act like pre-work out and post-work out?
31. Do they drink? What are they like drunk? What are they like hungover? How do they act when other people are drunk or hungover? Kind or teasing?
32. What do they dress like? What sorta shops do they buy clothes from? Do they wear the fashion that they like? What do they wear to sleep? Do they wear makeup? What’s their hair like?
33. What underwear do they wear? Boxers or briefs? Lacey? Comfy granny panties?
34. What is their body type? How tall are they? Do they like their body?
35. What’s their guilty pleasure? What is their totally unguilty pleasure?
36. What are they good at? What hobbies do they like? Can they sing?
37. Do they like to read? Are they a fast or slow reader? Do they like poetry? Fictional or non fiction?
38. What do they admire in others? What talents do they wish they had?
39. Do they like letters? Or prefer emails/messaging?
40. Do they like energy drinks? Coffee? Sugary food? Or can they naturally stay awake and alert?
41. What’s their sexuality? What do they find attractive? Physically and mentally? What do they like/need in a relationship?
42. What are their goals? What would they sacrifice anything for? What is their secret ambition?
43. Are they religious? What do they think of religion? What do they think of religious people? What do they think of non religious people?
44. What is their favourite season? Type of weather? Are they good in the cold or the heat? What weather do they complain in the most?
45. How do other people see them? Is it similar to how they see themselves?
46. Do they make a good first impression? Does their first impression reflect them accurately? How do they introduce themselves?
47. How do they act in a formal occasion? What do they think of black tie wear? Do they enjoy fancy parties and love to chit chat or loathe the whole event?
48. Do they enjoy any parties? If so what kind? Do they organise the party or just turn up? How do they act? What if they didn’t want to go but were dragged along by a friend?
49. What is their most valued object? Are they sentimental? Is there something they have to take everywhere with them?
50. If they could only take one bag of stuff somewhere with them: what would they pack? What do they consider their essentials?