Today was our third time playing the game from the Foundation Weaves course and I think it went well! Bindi seems to be picking up that going through the poles nets her cheese. Here are some random observations from this session:
– She is very clever and forgiving because I’m pretty sure my timing is shit. XD I really don’t have much experience shaping. It’s definitely not my preferred training method.
– I have to use pretty big chunks of cheese or she loses them in the grass.
– She randomly offered a Fly around a tree and it was the cutest thing but I couldn’t reward her.
– I stood at various positions near the poles, including facing away from them. She still went through the poles even when I was facing away and I am so proud of her.
– If I stand near the end of the poles (e.g. the “start” place of the weaves), she weaves. Not super sure if I should be encouraging or discouraging that, so I rewarded it. I suppose I should use my status as a Silver student and post in the forum.
– One time she was circling around to come back to me, passed the “start” position and went, “oh I need to weave” and did. Such a cutie.
– So far I’ve practiced the Attraction game in our usual training park (using my fence posts) and at agility class (using real weave poles). I should also play it in different/novel places.
I think next week we’ll move on to the next lesson.